Monday, May 19, 2014

Essence lip liners: Satin mauve & Wish me a rose

Hey Dolls :)
I hope you are all having a fabulous day! As you might know, I am absolutely obsessed with Essence lip liners. Lately, I’ve seen a couple new ones at shoppers, so  picked up those two shades to review: Wish me a rose & Satin mauve. Once again, the formula is incredible, and at $1.49 per liner, you really can’t go wrong with that.


Those two shades remind me a lot of the ones that I already own. Wish me a rose reminds me of Cute pink, and Satin mauve reminds me of soft berry. However, they’re definitely not identical.

Wish Me a Rose

Cute Pink
First off, can I just say how adorable the name “Wish me a rose” is? I don’t know why, but unique names of cosmetics items play an essential role on whether I buy them or not. Silly, I know! Although this reminds me of Cute pink, they’re definitely different. Wish me a rose is slightly more rose shade and less Barbie pink, if that makes sense. It is a lot more vibrant and almost neonic. I’ve attached both swatches so you can decide for yourself.

Satin Mauve

Soft Berry
Satin mauve, on the other hand is not really my cup of tea. I watched a YouTube video where a girl used this and it looked incredible on her. On me however, it makes my complexion look quite dull and vampire-like. Don’t get me wrong, I am all about the vampy look, but somehow, this just doesn’t do it for me. But then, like all lip liners, they’re not supposed to be worn by itself and I am sure with a slightly different lipstick, it would suit my skin tone better. I can totally see gals with deeper skin tone rocking this color. Compared to Soft berry, this shade is more brick-red than purple. Once again, below is a comparison photo of the two.

What do you think of those new shades? Have you tried Essence lip liners? Comment below and let me know what you think!

Stay Chic
Yolennie


1 comment: