Monday, August 26, 2013

Makeup Tutorial: Smokey Cat Eye


A classic smokey eye is essential to any girls who like to be glamorous and sexy on a night out.


As I promised, I will do a series of makeup looks using mainly the eye shadows from the Urban Decay Naked Original palette. 


So here's my take on a smokey cat eye look. All my tutorials are super simple, great for beginners. So I really hope you will enjoy this.


Step 1 Prime your eyelids with any kind of primer. I think eye shadow primer is essential to any makeup look, especially if you want your smokey eye to stay put all night. I used UD primer potion. Then apply virgin all over your eyelid.

Step 2 Cut off a piece of tape and stick it on the back of your hand a couple of times to remove most of its stickiness. Then apply the tape on the outer corners of your eyes. Apply creep on the outer V and extend it towards your brows.

Step 3 Use a matte black eye shadow and deepen the outer V even more. Apply the shadow more closely to your lash line and the tape. I used a matte black eye shadow by wet n wild.


Step 4 Use a pencil brush and apply creep on your lower lash line and connect it with the top.

Step 5 Apply black liner to your upper and lower waterline to darken the look. This step really pulls the whole look together. I used gel liner by Physician’s Formula.

Step 6 Apply lots of coats of your favorite mascara and apply a pair of false lashes with a flared outer corner if necessary. I didn’t do this step while taking the photos so I photoshopped some lashes onto my eyes. I hope you guys don’t find this too annoying :P


Voila! That’s the finish look. It’s really super simple yet glamorous. I hope you find this tutorial helpful and please don’t forget to comment and follow my blog!


Stay Chic

Yolennie


2 comments: