Monday, August 19, 2013

LBL: My Trip to China (picture heavy)

Hi dolls! I hope you are all enjoying the beautiful weather outside. I know it’s been a long time since I last posted. Well, that’s because I was in China the past 5 weeks and I had no access to Blogspot whatsoever. Now that I’m back, I have so much that I want to share with you all. I had an absolutely amazing time and I spent a lot of quality time with my family and childhood friends. This post will be mainly about things I’ve done, food I’ve tried etc. just an overall experience post and I really hope you will enjoy this.


First of all, can I just say that the first thing that I look forward to was the food?! I even wrote down a list of what I wanted to eat. I know, quite ridiculous, but I don’t want to miss anything! Before I went, I really looked forward to go to KFC & Pizzahut. I know that sounds absolutely insane since those are western fast food which we have here in Canada as well. But the thing is, we have so many more varieties in China. Here’re some photos I snapped of Pizzahut dishes.
best soup ever!

pizza with extra cheese around, salmon, wasabi and veggies
Instead of being a fast food restaurant, Pizzahut is more like a nice fancy restaurant in China. We have to line up on the weekend just to get a seat but it’s totally worth it.

I found out that our city has a lot more dessert stores than before. Differed from the desserts here, the ingredients in our desserts are mostly fruit (mango in particular), mochi, glutinous rice etc. They taste heavenly and I definitely enjoyed a lot of different kinds from different stores. They’re quite similar in comparison but amazing for sure. 





Now I hope I’m not making you all drooling in front of the screen :P


Of course, I met up with many of my friends, especially the ones from middle school. I don’t know about you but even though I only went to middle school in China for a year and a half, I had the best time and had made most of my best friends while I was there. They bought me loads of gifts and I was so touched by them just simply showing up and meeting with me.

Oh, shopping was one of the highlights as well. I didn’t buy many clothes in department store since they’re insanely expensive but I managed to snap some photos of the stores' decorations. It’s quite incredible. 
a really cute preppy style clothing store originated in Korea. Super expensive though :(

this store has the best decoration, a vintage Chinese style

if this is not the cutest thing, then what?!
one dessert store with interesting wall art

That's all that I have to share with you today! I might write a haul of some stuff I bought if you're interested. Please let me know how have you spent your summer so far? 


Stay Chic
Yolennie

3 comments:

  1. awesome photos :D
    xx
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an amazing trip!

    If you get a chance, please vote for me in the Wallis contest! http://bit.ly/15vLhMj

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Yummiiii =)
    Beautiful pictures.
    Nice blog, I'm now following you****

    Follow me too
    http://nessabyvanessaribeiro.blogspot.pt/2013/08/fashion-bike.html

    Love,
    Vanessa Ribeiro

    ReplyDelete