Thursday, August 29, 2013

Huge Haul from China: fashion, nail polish, skincare etc


What’s going to China without shopping? As I said earlier in my trip blog post, I was really expecting the food before I went there. And of course, I had a whole shopping list of things I had to buy. I would say, that list was fulfilled quite nicely and I had a couple of great extra when I got back. So without further ado, here’re some of the most interesting products I purchased in China.
I visited this store that specialized in selling the products of a beautiful province named Yun Nan. I was absolutely in love with the style of the entire store and without breaking the bank and buying everything there, I decided on this beautiful bracelet. 


It’s made of Tibetan silver (or so they said) and the turquoise accent is absolutely stunning. I love the three little fish there, so adorable and elegant at the same time!

I also mentioned in my trip post, I visited many of my friends and they were so generous and gifted me loads of cool products. This girl that I was really close with gave me this hand lotion from Korea.


I think it is absolutely adorable and have to show it to you guys. It's in this peach shaped container and the lotion itself smelled exactly like some ripe peaches.


It’s so delicious and beautifully moisturizing that I don’t even want to use it. I seriously wish you guys can smell it. Seriously, someone needs to invent a “scent emission through screen” technology!


Ahh, I’m so excited for this one. I was in total hat craze before I left for China and hats were definitely on the top of my shopping list. Look what I got! I absolutely adore all three of them. The snapback looks really street chic, the lippie one is flirty and a bit sexy and a good fedora is always a staple in anyone’s closet. They were super affordable as well. Great score!


I bought many clothing items but I want to show you some of my favorites. This sleeveless top by Vero Moda is so stunning. It looks really simple, a bit too plain even, but somehow, it looks incredible on. It has a bit of shoulder pad and it makes your figure look amazing.


Also from Vero Moda (Which is a brand we have in Canada, they sell it at the bay. Though the selection is quite limited) is this blazer. It’s not your typical black blazer. It’s quite preppy and you can really dress it up or down.


There’s this Danish fashion brand that I really enjoy called Only and the whole store was 50% off while I was there and I bought this jacket. I think the ruffles are stunning and the cut is really flattering. It’s something that I can totally see Spencer Hastings from Pretty Little Liars wearing. I love it!

Online shopping is huge in China. If you have the patience you can score some really nice clothes with affordable prices. I bought this galaxy body-con dress that is simply stunning. I believe the dress speaks for itself.

Also from the same online seller, I bought this maxi dress. I’ve seen cat print fashion pieces around for a while and this one really caught my eye. It’s beautiful on and it looks great with the snapback that I bought.


I only bought one nail polish which I should totally give myself a pad on the back. Those polishes are dirt cheap and pretty good as well. I only bought this glitter one that totally reminds me of the essie luxe effect. Can’t wait to try it on.

Lastly, I want to share my first ever gel nail experience with you. I got the Lana del Rey signature red talon design with fake nails and gel. I absolutely love how it turned out. 


As you can see from the side, it’s very seamless, at least I can’t tell it’s fake nails at all! Since it’s gel, there was no chipping. After a month and a half, two fake nails broke and the rest are still going strong!
This concludes my Chin trip blog post series. I really hope you enjoy it and let me know if you went anywhere this summer for vacation. Don’t forget to follow msy blog <3

Stay Chic

Yolennie


3 comments:

  1. Great post! Would you like to follow eachother? I followed you, would love it if you follow back!
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete