Saturday, April 6, 2013

Marshalls in Canada and new purse


Marshalls is finally in Canada!! Recently, there are so many big US stores launching here in Canada, Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, just to name a few. I was downtown on Thursday and randomly bumped into Marshalls and decided to give it a go. Only when I walked in the store did I realize it was the grand opening for Marshalls in Canada! What a wonderful discovery. I got to visit the store on the first day!


To be honest with you guys, I was extremely disappointed with Target. Compared to Target, Marshalls is a total wonderful surprise. I heard of the store occasionally from YouTube gurus but it’s not that hyped. I wasn’t expecting much when I walked in there. But oh my goodness, that place is amazing! There are so many chic and trendy clothing items, shoes and beautiful home decor. I saw a super pretty mannequin for only $70. If not for the one-hour bus ride home, I would’ve picked it up right away. I was also pleasantly surprised to see brand names like Rachel Zoe, Juicy Couture, Calvin Klein in Marshall for an affordable price.


So, what did I get from there? I actually had a lot more items in my shopping cart but since I’m on a tight budget lately, I decided to only get two items from there. I have been on the hunt for a medium/large sized purse for as long as I can remember. However, I’ve never seen anything that fits my taste and my budget. I finally found my purse! It’s a really neutral colored purse with studs all over it. The quality seems very decent and it’s only $25!


It's by the brand MMS. I was so thrilled!


At the check out section, I found this Baptiste dryshampoo set. It’s $10 for 2 and I snatched it right away. It’s for brunette so it’s lightly tinted with brown color. I split the two with my friend. I’ve tried it once so far and I love it. It gave my scalp a cooling sensation and smelled incredible. My hair wasn’t dirty that day so I don’t know how well it would clean up oily hair. But so far so good!
I just want to mention some of the brands and sales I saw at Marshalls. If you are a beauty addict like me, you would find Marshall very exciting. I saw Seche Vite top coat for only $6! There are many china glaze, Orly, OPI nail polishes for a cheaper price. Fashion wise, there are so many pretty denim shirts, bustier, shorts for below $20. The home decor section has to be my favorite. Like I said, the full-size mannequin for only $70 is insane. There are so many pretty shabby chic furniture, photo frames. I am in love with Marshalls and will definitely go back and visit!
Have you ever been to Marshalls? What do you think?

Stay Chic
Yolennie

6 comments:

  1. I love Marshalls! Sometimes it's "hit or miss" but usually you can find great stuff there. Enjoy!

    www.corporategirlstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm totally in love with that store!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you and of course, I love it too <3

      Delete
  3. My Friday tradition includes a trip to Marshall's to see what new treasures I can find. I love your bag! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You found a great deal with that bag. Marshall's here in Florida is a hit or miss. I have better luck with TJ Maxx which I think is owned by the same company as Marshall's. And Target, I can't go in there without buying something. Some Target's I've been too are disappointing though. Hopefully your Target starts to get a bit better.

    ReplyDelete