Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Healthy Food DIY : Curry Vegetable Salad


I know I have been sharing quite a few DIYs but they are mainly fashion and beauty related posts. I haven’t shared with you all this side of me but did you know that I am addicted to health and fitness? While I may not be entirely committed to gym and occasionally I still eat not so healthy snacks to satisfy my sweet tooth, I have been trying to cook for myself and stay as active as I can. So today, I have a really simple and healthy salad recipe I would like to share with you all. Some of you might think of disgusting, leaf-tasting greens whenever you hear the word salad, this DIY is quite different from the traditional salad. I assure you all this is super yummy! Let’s get cracking :P


Here’re the ingredients that you will need. Feel free to add or take away any vegetables to suit your taste.
1/4 head of broccoli (or cauliflower)
1/2 of a red bell pepper (or any pepper of your choice)
7 to 8 mushrooms of your choice
2 tbsb of cheese (preferably goat cheese but I used mozzarella since I don’t have any goat cheese at home)
1 tbsb of extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsb of curry
1/4 tsb of pepper
1/4 tsb of salt
1/4 cup of crushed nuts (I used pecans)
Any greens of your choice (I used lettuce)
Step 1. Preheat your oven to 450 f.
Step 2. Wash all of your veggies and start cutting them into smaller pieces.
Step 3. Add olive oil into your mix as well as all the seasonings. Feel free to add any spice of your choice.
Step 4. Transfer your seasoned veggies into a baking sheet and cook your veggies for approximately 15 min. Or depending on your oven, cook until your veggies are golden.
At this point, you can already smell the curry and other spices mixing together floating from the oven. The scent is absolutely incredible!
Step 5. Crush the nuts of your choice and cut the cheese into smaller pieces.
Step 6. Take out the veggies and add in the cheese and nuts.


  Enjoy!



I absolutely love this recipe. It’s totally healthy and tastes so incredible! I hope you all like my first ever cooking post and until next tim

Stay Chic!
Yolennie

1 comment:

  1. This looks so yummy. And healthy indeed! I definitely liked your post :-)

    ReplyDelete