Thursday, January 24, 2013

ShopaHAULic: Goodwill Winter Finds



Many may not think of Goodwill as a place for trendy pieces, but I absolutely adore that store. Not only is it insanely affordable, you can really dig up some cool vintage finds. I’m quite new to the whole thrift shopping trend, but I have to say, I’m totally addicted. Even though I’ve only been there 3 times, oh gosh, if you were there, you would’ve been shocked by how full my cart was. Haha…. After years of wearing skin tight shirts and fitted jackets, I finally got bored of them and fell in love with the baggy sweater look. If you are into loose fitting sweaters, I would totally suggest you to check out your local second-hand stores. I definitely found many cool pieces, so without further ado, here they are!

First of all, I got this baby pink sweater with flower details around the top. The beauty of baggy sweaters is heck, who cares what size it is, the larger, the merrier :P You might dislike thrift stores because you thought it’s quite gross that someone already wore it. But to be honest, if not for the style and place I got it from, I wouldn’t be able to tell it’s been worn at all. They’re all quite nicely kept and from what I can see, very clean! Best of all, it was only around $3!! You can never go wrong with that!

Next, I got another floral baggy sweater. I think you already get an idea of what style I like :P I was so excited when I saw this in the rack. It totally reminds me of 2012 fall/winter baroque trend without the gothic element. The print is very elegant and sweet, and there’s something about the way it’s knitted, I just think it’s so neat. Again, it’s only around $3!

Ok, I promise, this is the last baggy sweater that I got. I definitely have enough sweaters in my wardrobe to last me a winter. This sweater is quite granny and I wasn’t sure if I would like. I tried it on anyways and trust, it look GOOD! I was wearing a pair of leather skinny pants and with the chunky sweater on top, it looks casual and chic! Score!

Haha, what a contrast! I got a cropped top on this trip as well. It’s quite a basic shirt and the lacy print is right up my alley. I believe it was only $2.50. Of course I snatched it!

Puffy sleeves might be a bit old-fashioned, but I always enjoy how nice and feminine it looks. Remember in Anne of Green Gables, how little Anne was fascinated by puffy sleeves?! They might not be the most chic piece, but cute nevertheless. This H$M dusty pink shirt is another basic that I think every girl should have in their wardrobe, It’s great for layering! (And yes, you can totally find brand name there! I’ve seen Banana Republic, J Crew etc.)

Last but not least, I got this little black jacket. I really like the buttons down the front and on top of that pink shirt, it looks SUPER! It hugs your figure very nicely and again, a great layering piece indeed!
What do you think? Did I talk you into thrift store shopping? I don’t know about you, but being able to dig up cute pieces among piles of old granny clothes is really rewarding. It’s like a treasury hunt!

Thanks for stopping by and don’t forget to comment and follow my blog!
Stay chic
Yolanda
Ps Yes, I got a new DSLR. Still trying to get the hang of it, will do a blog on it soon :)

4 comments:

  1. Ooh which Goodwill did you go to? I definitely need to go soon. Haha :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to the one on St. Clair.
      585 Saint Clair Avenue West :)

      Delete
  2. great finds! love the GW

    love from San Francisco,
    Britt+Whit

    ReplyDelete