Thursday, October 25, 2012

OMG!! I won $200!!!

Hi dolls :) I'm so sorry that I've been away for so long. But I'm back with a super exciting news. I just won $200!! Wait, you what? How? I know, I know, this is so out of blue, so here's the story:
I've been a youtube addict for as long as I can remember. I follow lots of fashion and beauty gurus and I'm totally obssessed. Every now and then, I enter some contests which requires you to make fahsion or beauty related videos, such as a tutorial of some sort. I am not extremely dedicated into that so I don't pay too much effort and time when I do it. At least not enough to make me win anything :P Just last week, I saw this contest popping up in my subscription, it's hosted by seventeen magazine through HelloStyleChannel, which by the way, I absolutely love the sexy VS skanky show. Basically, it's an audience challege which asks you to recreate a cover look. There're 4 choices available, you can watch the intro video HERE if you're curious. But of course, it's already over. When I saw the video, I didn't really care at first thinking that I would never win anyways, why bother? But somehow, as I think about it more and more, I got so excited for some random reasons and I was like, why not? I would just enter it for fun, and if I win, the $200 prize sounds amazing! So I did. And the next thing I know, I won!!
Here's the look I recreated, it's based on the October issue which features Nina Dobrev in the front cover. Of course, since I'm so obsessed with the Vampire Diaries, I have to recreate her cover shoot. Here's my video
I recreated the makeup, hairsyle as well as outfit. I still can't believe I won!
If you are wondering what I used in the video, here's the product list.
Makeup:
Face(base makeup not shown)
Covergirl Natureluxe Foundation
Laura Mercier Secret concealer
MAC Studio Careblend Pressed powder
Annabelle Bronzer #15
Lancome Blush in Sheer Amourose
Eye:
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
Maybelline Eyestudio Quad in 70 copper chic
Covergirl Eyeshadow in Brown Smolder
Dollywink Liquid Eyeliner
Shiseido Eyelash Curler
Maybelline Colossal mascara
Wet n wild eyeshadow in panther
Essence clear brow gel
Shiseido lipstick in BE208

Hair:
Tresemme Heat protectant spray
Conair Curling wand

Outfit:
Sweater- thrifted
Dress- forever 21
Boots-forever 21
Necklace-nastygal

Here're some photos of my outfit hope you like them :)





So here, that's the best thing that has happened so far in 2012 :) Big moment, I don't think I'll ever forget this!
That's it for today, until next time, STAY CHIC <3

3 comments:

  1. i totally love your hair!
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the love hon, I'm following you now :)
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete